Monday, 1 February 2016

REAL REASONS I CONCEDED TO BUHARI — JONATHAN

Former President Goodluck Jonathan has spoken of the tensed moments he faced on March 28, 2015 ahead of his decision to concede victory to President Muhammadu Buhari after that year’s presidential election.
“I was actually in that valley on March 28, 2015”, he said.
Jonathan also narrated why he relinquished power to Buhari, saying he did not want Nigeria to slide into a theatre of war, with his fellow county men and woman dying, and many more pouring into other nations in Africa and beyond, as refugees.

“I never knew that the human brain had the capacity for such enhanced rapid thinking. One hundred and one things were going through my mind every second. My country was at the verge of collapse. The tension in the land was abysmally high and palpable, in the months leading to the election. The country became more polarised more than ever before, such that the gap between the North and the South and between Christians and Muslims became quite pronounced”, the former President said.

Friday, 25 December 2015

Xmas tragedy: 4 killed, 4 injured as Chikason gas plant explodes

ONITSHA—The industrial town of Nnewi, Anambra State was thrown into mourning yesterday as an industrial Gas plant suddenly exploded killing four persons and injuring four others.


The explosion occurred at the Inter Corp Oil limited (LPG Gas Plant) a member of Chikason Group at about 11 am.

According to an eye-witness, the fire incident started when a truck was trying to discharge its contents without waiting for the mandatory cooling time. It was gathered that the tanker was discharging at a time when customers were said to be refilling their gas cylinders.

The source stated that all the customers who went to the gas plant to get a refill were allegedly burnt to ashes while some of the victims who were in the neighborhood and passers-by also got caught in the inferno. It was gathered that the rescue workers had difficulty in gaining access into the factory where majority of the victims were trapped.

The charred bodies of the victims and other badly affected burnt persons in the vicinity of the gas plant were taken to Nnamdi Azikwe University Teaching Hospital, NAUTH, Nnewi.

All efforts made to alert the Anambra state fire service of the fire incident did not succeed until damage had been done but a fire officer, Mrs Mary Ofia defended the fire service personnel in Nnewi when she claimed that the Nnewi fire truck was vandalized by angry mob when they went for an operation at Nkpor.

Apart from lives lost to the inferno, many buildings and over fifty vehicles around the gas plant were equally affected.

In his account, one of the survivors, Ikechukwu said: “My mother was preparing pepper we wanted to use to cook tomorrow after she returned from the market, the next thing we heard was the explosion that rocked the entire vicinity.

“I ran for my life and escaped with minor injury but my mother was not lucky. She was not as fast as myself and when the fire subsided a little bit, the next thing I saw was her dead body. Look at the chicken we planned to kill tomorrow for Christmas. A similar thing happened at another residence where a woman and her daughter were lucky to remain alive after suffering some degrees of burn”.

The Vice chairman of Anambra state Red Cross, Prof Peter Katchy who headed a team of Red Cross rescue operations, said that he was extremely worried about the presence of many filling stations in residential areas in the state.

He pointed out that the situation would have been worse if the affected gas plant was situated in thickly populated areas, pointing out that the Red Cross and the Anambra State Emergency Management Agency, SEMA would declare war on owners of filling stations sited at residential areas in the new year.

Man defiles nine girls in Ebonyi

The Ebonyi Police Command said it had arrested a middle-aged man for allegedly defiling nine children aged between six and 10.

The suspect, a father of three, allegedly carried out the act at Ezza South Local Government Area of the state, where he lived in the same compound with the victims.
Mr George Okafor, the command’s Public Relations Officer, confirmed the arrest, adding that the matter was under investigation.
“The parents of the victims have, however, failed to bring them for proper medical investigation; we expect them to have done that for long.
“The matter would be charged to court after the conclusion of investigations; we promise the public that the matter would be pursued to its conclusion,” he said.
Okafor denied that the police compromised on the matter as being insinuated in some quarters, noting that proper investigative modalities were being applied.
“The information we received was that only seven of the children were allegedly defiled but we would vigorously pursue the investigations,” he said.
The Chairman of the Family Law Centre in Abakaliki, Mrs Elizabeth Nwali, said the centre petitioned the state Criminal Investigation Department about the matter.
“This followed the complaints that the suspect, who was handed over to the Police at Onueke, headquarters of Ezza South, was discharged the same day without proper interrogation,” she said.
One of the victims said that the suspect defiled her five times and usually carried out the act in secluded areas, including inside a car.
“When I am deep asleep most times, he will carry me to a corner of house and insert something from his body inside me after removing my clothes and his own,” she said.
Some parents of the victims said that they became aware of the act when their children started complaining of severe pains in their private parts.
“The suspect admitted to the offence when confronted by members of the community and other stakeholders.
“We suspect strongly that he uses the contents of the handkerchief used in cleaning their bodies for ritual purposes; our children have not being themselves since the incidents occurred,” they said.

Thursday, 24 December 2015

Buhari’ govt spending money like a drunken sailor – Fani- Kayode

ABUJA- FORMER Spokesperson of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Organisation, Chief Femi Fani- Kayode has described the 2016 budget as presented by President Muhammadu Buhari to the joint National Assembly as that fueled by insincerity.
According to him, it was ironic that former governor Asiwaju Tinubu; Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi and Governor Nasir El- Rufai who kicked against deregulation during former President Jonathan, have suddenly become great supporters of deregulation.
In a statement he signed yesterday and made available to Journalists in Abuja, Chief Fani- Kayode who accused Buhari’s administration of spending money like a drunken sailor, alleged that the government was borrowing as if there was no tomorrow.
The former Aviation Minister who noted that the government was mortgaging the future of Nigeria, Nigerians and our children,said, “The 2016 budget is fueled by insincerity, shrouded in fantasy, built on tall dreams and spawned by deceit, ignorance and the illusion of change. It is bloated, unrealistic, expensive, cosmetic and it will not result in anything good.

Biafra: Judge hands-off Kanu, others’ trial

* Kanu alleges bias, declines to answer to fresh charges
* Release Kanu now, engage agitators on dialogue, negotiation, CD tells FG
* Umeh berates S’East NASS members over silence
* As 150 pro-Biafra protesters drag FG to court

Justice Ahmed Mohammed of a Federal High Court sitting in Abuja, yesterday, withdrew from the trial of the detained leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Mr. Nnamdi Kanu.

This was even as Kanu, who has been in detention since October 17, yesterday, declined to enter his plea to the fresh six-count charge that was preferred against him by the Federal Government.
Director of Radio Biafra and Leader, Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu as he appeared before Justice Ahmed Mohammed Federal High Court, Abuja on Wednesday, 23/12/2015

Director of Radio Biafra and Leader, Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu as he appeared before Justice Ahmed Mohammed Federal High Court, Abuja on Wednesday, 23/12/2015

Kanu is facing trial alongside two other pro-Biafra agitators, Benjamin Madubugwu and David Nwawuisi.

The trio were in the charge that was signed by the Director of Public Prosecutions, DPP, Mr. Mohammed Diri, alleged to have committed treasonable felony, an offence said to be punishable under Section 41(C) of the Criminal Code Act, CAP C38 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria.

Islamic State beheads own fighters for abandoning post

THE Islamic State has beheaded 10 of its own fanatics in public after they abandoned their posts, it has been reported.
A Sharia court is said to have found the militants guilty of “high treason” after they fled a battlefront in the north western Iraq city of Mosul.
The troops deserted as clashes took place between the jihadis and the Kurdish Peshmerga forces, ARA News claimed.
On Sunday they were beheaded in a public square in the town of Baa’j to the west of the city as hundreds of fighters looked on, it has been reported.
Media activist Abdullah al-Mallah told the news agency: “The militants were found guilty for evacuating a post at the battlefront, where clashes took place between them and the Kurdish Peshmerga forces.

Monday, 30 November 2015

London pensioner successfully sues Apple for wiping honeymoon photos from his phone, gets awarded two thousand pounds.

Apple-store.jpg
A pensioner who sued Apple for wiping his treasured honeymoon snaps from his phone has been awarded £2,000 after winning the court case.

The Limits of Body Language

Article not written by me, found it on Vanguard and thought to share.
Nigerians have been groaning under the heavy burden of acute fuel scarcity which has hit the country for the third week running. Also the issue of power which many thought was beginning to improve for the better has gone bad again, thereby leaving behind anguish and lamentations across the nation.

Police says Former president Goodluck Ebele Jonathan was not attacked.


I guess by now you all  must have heard of the alleged threat to the life of former president Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. Earlier in the day, some media houses claimed the former president escaped death by the whiskers when some hoodlums followed his  motorcade into his resident in the state capital. According to the reports, the guys where overpowered by his security operatives.

APC Unveils Yahaya Bello as Audu's replacement, as INEC receives proper notification


Hours before the deadline given to the All Progressives Congress APC for the substitution of its candidate in the inconclusive Kogi Governorship election, the Independent National Electoral Commission INEC has confirmed receiving a communication from the party.

Could Lil Kesh be bleaching or what? See the new tattoo he got!

 
Lil Kesh seems to have  joined the list of Nigerian celebrities who have taken to bleaching to make their skin colour lighter.  The YBNL rising act also got new tattoos and seems to be so proud of them a he proudly shows them off on Instagram. You like?

Favourokoro Blog: Quote of the Day- Abraham Lincoln

Monday, 23 November 2015

This lady twitter claims she was raped by Audu Abubakar and his sons, calls them monsters

I first saw this on Kemi Filani's blog but had to check it out on twitter to confirm its authenticity. Found out its true!
A lady with the twitter handle, @sugabelly  has come out to give shocking revelations about the late Audu Abubabakar, whose sad death occurred yesterday morning. She  claimed they raped her and has called them out when she heard he was leading the polls from the results released so far.  I hope these are mere accusations but really rape is such a heinous crime against humanity and womanhood.  See her tweets below

This woman claims that carrying heavy school bag on the back did this to her Nephew!


Found this on Facebook and it became a concern to me, because I know most parents are guilty of it.
A Facebook user claimed that this happened to her nephew because he always carried his heavy school bag on his back which resulted to severe back pain. When they went to hospital, the Doctor insisted that only a surgery could help correct the abnormally.
Please lets broadcast as much as we can to save our future generation. Either reduce the books or get a trolley kind of school bag.
What she wrote bellow:


This is an eye opener for parents whose children attends Primary School.
The photos are images of my Nephew who attended Primary School and due to his heavy book bag he started walking with a bend and complained of back pain.
On visiting the doctor, he had to undergo major surgery to rectify the problem. I plead with you don't allow your child to lift a heavy school bag on his/her back.
On visiting the doctor, he had to undergo major surgery to rectify the problem. I plead with you don't allow your child to lift a heavy school bag on his/her back.


 See more photos after the cut

N18,000 Minimum Wage: Prepare for war, Nigeria Labour Congress tells FG



THE Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, yesterday warned that attempts by the governors through the Governors’ Forum to renege on the N18,000 national minimum wage signed into law by former President Goodluck Jonathan in March 2011, was an open declaration of war against the Nigerian workers.

Seems like INEC knew Audu was dead before declaring his election result inconclusive.


New reports by the SaharaReporters shows that the  Kogi APC governorship candidate, Audu Abubabakar died as early as 5 am yesterday morning and that the INEC officials of the state  knew about his death before dclaing the election inconclusive.

Tuesday, 17 November 2015

7 year old girl slumps in school, says her aunt beat her and sent her to school without food.

not actual photo
Doctors at a private hospital at Ire-Akari Estate in Isolo area of Lagos State are battling to save the life of a malnourished seven-year-old primary school pupil, who slumped and lost consciousness in school.
The victim, identified as Ifechukwu Jubilee, also had visible marks of violence all over her body.
She was reportedly sent to school last Friday by her guardian, identified as Ngozi, on an empty stomach.

Man who disguises as woman to defraud men in Lagos gets arrested



A man who has been identified simply as Husseni Diyaya Allam of Kano State  has been suspected of defrauding other men in Lagos while disguising as a woman.

Senator Ben Bruce reacts to current fuel scarcity situation in Nigeria, says FG should legalize illegal refineries, not destroy them

The Common Sense guru, Senator Ben Murray Bruce has taken to his Twitter handle to blast the FG over the destruction of illegal refineries in some parts of the country. See his tweets below and tell me if you agree with him.